Monday, April 4, 2011

Chapter 2

"Why the fuck you going through my phone?" Dru yelled! What? I said. I didn’t go through your phone I replied lying my ass off. He gave me a evil look, snatched the phone out my hand and left. There I stood weak to my bones. I didn't even have the strength to confront him about the Amber chick. I was too afraid. Fuck! I yelled, breaking every glass that was in my sight. Once again I let him get away with murder. I hate myself, FML I kept saying, pacing back and forth in the living room. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I wasn't sure who it was because I know my auntie was still at work. I stopped and waited, hoping the unknown person would leave but they knock again. Who is it I curiously asked, wiping the tears away from my face. Umm n-next door n-n-neighbor I just moved over here my name is Christian the scared boy answered. I cracked the door, yes I asked. I was wondering if you could show me around a little bit he politely asked. I would love to but I really can't I'm busy sorry I gave him this phony sorry look as if I was really was sorry. Oh well maybe next time then he replied, walking away with this mysterious smile. It was beautiful to. I watched him walk off and shut the door. I actually did feel kind of bad letting him down but I really didn't feel like going outside at all.  "I wish that I could have this Moment 4 Life" I heard my phone ring from the bedroom. Hello I answered not feeling like talking. Girl where u been all day my friend KiKi yelled. In the house chillin I replied. Girl come outside everybody is out and plus it's a new boy that lives across the street from you and guess what she anxiously asked. What? I replied. He's really cute she said in a flirtatious way. Yea he came over asking me to show him around I replied. "Ohh Lemme Find Out" she said. I laughed, girl you is a whole fool I told her. True but come outside she replied. Alright give me a minute I said hanging up. I started to pick up the broken glass I threw but then I really didn't feel like it so I just threw on my shorts and my Hollister tank with my flip flops and left the house. I walked down to the park and there I saw everybody. Great last thing I need is for everybody trying to be all in my face I thought.  I instantly spotted KiKi and my other friend Cloe and walked towards them. On my way I was stopped by Dru. He grabbed my wrist (the same wrist he had gripped earlier) what the hell you doing out here with those little shorts on he angrily asked. The’re not little and all my shorts are like this what you talking about I quickly snapped back. You think I want all these niggas looking at yo ass Dru asked me. They are all of your friends and besides people gone look at it anyway rather you like it or not I said with an attitude. Aye Dru C'mon man we gatta go his friend shouted! I'll be back and when I get back you better have changed he said letting go of my wrist. I rolled my eyes and continued walking towards KiKi and Cloe. Hey girl they approached me as I walked up. I sat there on the bench and listened to them gossip about people on the block. I remember when we were all little we used to sit in this exact same spot and talk about everybody. I never understood why though. I guess it was a way of making us feel better about ourselves. To think about it now I don't feel good about it all, I actually feel bad. I remember my mama used to tell me before she died to treat people the way you want to be treated. I guess that's why I get treated so badly now. Nobody respects me, not even my own auntie she only cares about her filthy job and dating all these corny dudes. Sometimes I wonder how my life would be if my mom was still alive. We probably wouldn't even still be living in this neighborhood. My mama used to always say "When I'm rich I'll buy you a big castle and we will be at peace". I miss her so much and she was so beautiful. She had long silky black hair, slim she was about 5'6, her soft caramel skin hands were was smooth and I always admired her light brown eyes. She looked like a model that had been cut out a magazine. I always wished I had her beauty. My mom used to tell me I looked just like my dad but I never met him. Star! KiKi waved her hands in my face. Huh I said snapping out of my day dreams. Umm Straggs at 6:35 look at Sierra and her team. Ugh I rolled my eyes. Looks like they got a new troop Cloe said. Yea her name Amber replied KiKi. I look at the light skinned girl with the long blondish/brownish hair. She had grey eyes and she wore blue jean Levi shorts with an off to shoulder shirt showing off her belly ring. Yo Star what you looking at KiKi said snapping me out my thoughts again. Yo that's the bitch that was calling Dru phone earlier I replied. Word? KiKi said taking her earrings off. We all started getting in fighting mode and began walking towards Sierra and her team. It was about to go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment