Friday, April 15, 2011

Chapter 5

Bam! Dru hit Christian so hard he instantly fell to the ground. I grabbed Dru as he brutally stomped Christian. Stop! I cried. Get the hell off me Dru yelled grabbing my neck. You cheating on me he asked gripping my neck tighter and tighter. N-n-no I coughed constantly trying to gasp for air to breathe but the grip was too tight. I stared at the anger in his eyes and the tears rolled down my face. At that moment I thought my life was over, I could feel it in my stomach. My eyes began to close and that's when Dru let me go and I fell down. I bold up like a baby and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. Christian held me but I only pushed him away. Get away! This is your entire fault I yelled in pain. I was just, Get out I pointed to the door before Christian could finish his sentence. At that moment Dru had left and I was there alone. I could only think why me? Why was I always hurting? Why didn't I get the love everyone else did? Why don’t people care about me and how I feel? I sat there thinking. Why am I here? I have no purpose of living. That's when I made a old decision and began drawing. Only I didn't draw pictures, I drew expressions and words to describe how I felt about people, things, love, and life. I ran out of things to draw so I began to scribble until my arm bled and bled nonstop. I decided I didn't want to stay in this town anymore I no longer felt welcome. I packed the little clothes and necessities I needed in a small book bag. I peeped into my auntie room and stole the money my mama left her for me. I was surprised when it was only $20. I knew mama left me more than that. Auntie Crystal must have been spending it these past few years I thought. How could she I asked myself. I hurried up and left the small apartment before she got home. I didn't want to see my auntie or hear her stupid mouth. It was hot as hell outside. I walked and walked until I didn't recognize anything around me. There was a small restaurant sitting on the corner. I decided to go in because I was starving. I ordered a double cheeseburger with fries and a shake. I don't know if it was me or the baby but I had a big appetite. You eat well the waiter asked as he came to my table with the check. Yea I said back not interested in making convo with the man. You know we have a real good dessert menu he replied smiling. No I'm stuffed but thanks I replied. You sure he said. Yes I said back. He handed me the check which was $13.71. I looked down at the only $20 bill I had. I figured I needed this to last for awhile. Instead I quickly sat the check on the counter and snuck out the door before anyone could notice I was gone. I ran trying to look back to see if someone saw me I was almost hit by a car. I fell straight to the ground. I was in more pain than ever. I laid there motionless all night. I woke up to a dog licking my face. Mommy look at that homeless lady the little girl holding the dog leash said pointing at me. Now that's nice the Mama said looking at me. Excuse me, are u ok she asked me. Yes I said getting up. You don't look alright come here let me give you a ride child the middle-aged lady said sincerely. No I'm fine I promised. No you're not look its bad over here get in the car. It seemed like I couldn't argue with her so I got in and did as she said. Are you hungry she asked looking at me concerned? No ma'am I replied. Uh oh I thought. I felt sick I quickly opened the door and vomited. When I returned the lady felt my head and asked "Child you're pregnant aren't you?” No I quickly answered trying to look more shocked than ever but somehow she knew I was lying. Yes you are she looked at me and replied. I looked down sadly. I still couldn't believe I was pregnant it all seemed like a horrible dream I couldn't awake from. The nice lady name was Karen she drove me to her house where she fed me and gave me clothes so I could bathe. She had a pretty good home to. Everything was nice and colorful. I knew she was rich. This little girl had a room made for a princess. I couldn't believe it. Wow I said admiring all the beautiful sculptures in Karen's house. It's nice isn't it Karen asked. It’s beautiful I replied back. Yea it's something Karen smiled but it looked almost like a sad smile. Well you know I have to take you home or else this would be considered kidnap Karen looked at me seriously. Yes I said sadly. I almost didn't want to leave. Can I just stay this one night and leave first thing in the morning I begged. Karen stared at me for a long time. Ok but first thing in the morning she said. Yes thank you I smiled. Let me show you to the guest room. The room was painted light pink with really cute polka dots. It was decorated with cute little colorful curtains and kiddy candy rugs. Excuse all the toys, this used to be my other daughter's room Karen said looking down. Its ok I said. Well there's extra cover in the closet if you need it she directed me. Thank you I politely said. As I lay in the bed I thought about what Karen said about her daughter. I wonder where she was and why Karen made that face when she talked about her. It was a sad sigh like she was reminiscing on something bad that had happened. The bright room made it impossible for me to sleep I stared at the light stars that were located at the ceiling of the wall. It reminded me of this book my mama used to read me when I was little. I really missed my mom. Somehow, I could still feel her spirit inside of me. I silently cried myself to sleep. I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. A smell I wasn't used to at all. Good Morning Karen smiled as I walked into the kitchen. Morning I replied. Breakfast will be ready shortly go get ready. I got dressed into the clothes I had packed and quickly came back downstairs for breakfast. At the breakfast table Karen and her daughter prayed. Something I have never done before. They both shared what they were thankful for. What are you thankful for Star the little girl asked me? I looked at them both for a long time. Umm I stuttered. I'm thankful for life I lied. Karen looked at me and smiled. Ok eat up we have to get you home. In the car Karen dropped me off to my auntie house. I knew it was about to be drama but I didn't expect Karen to get out the car with me. What are doing I asked trying to stop her. Well your parents need to know where you've been. No that's not necessary I assured. No it's only right Karen said ringing the bell. Shit I thought about how my auntie may react. Ding Dong the doorbell rang again. Suddenly the door open and surprises to my face. I was in shock!

2 comments: