Monday, April 11, 2011

Chapter 4

I woke up in the hospital bed. I looked around and saw nobody there the doctor came in and gave me some peculiar medicine. She said to take the red pill before I eat and then the blue pill after I was done with breakfast. I struggled swallowing the pill. Umm excuse me I said to the doctor. Yes she said with a weird smile. Why am I here I asked confusingly. No worries nobody's going to harm you here we're here to help she said again with this weird smile only this time it was fake. I looked around to the all white room with no windows. I was dressed in all white pants with an all white tee-shirt. Your session will begin in 15minutes so eat quickly the doctor began to talk. What session I said looking very confused. I looked down at the nasty food. The bacon looked dry and the eggs weren't fully cooked. A few seconds later there was a knock on the door. Yes I yelled. This shiny lady with a red bow and red lipstick came into the room with a notepad and pen. How are you feeling she said smiling? I didn't say anything I just looked. My name is Ms. Cherry and I will be your guidance counselor for these next 12 weeks. 12 I repeated in my head. Now everything you tell will be confidential and what is said in this room stays in this room. Will I be staying here for 12 weeks I asked? No you actually you get to leave today she said smiling, Now we have an hour let’s get started shall we. Another question I said interrupting her. Yes she looked and me impatiently. Why am I here I looked around and asked curiously. Well you're here because of the situation that occurred yesterday afternoon. I looked confusingly "yesterday afternoon" I repeated in my head. We won't discuss that right away let’s start off with getting to know each other. The session lasted way longer than an hour. I mean this bitch was talking for days. When I finally left it was about 3 in the afternoon. I didn't feel like going home so I sat in park for a couple of hours. I couldn't believe I was pregnant. I mean how could Dru do this to me he knew I wasn't ready for a baby. The worst was going home to tell my auntie. I mean it’s not like she'll care anyway, she barely pays attention to me. I sat and cried on the swing until I was approached by Christian. Hey he said smiling. Boy his smile was so beautiful. I quickly wiped and tears and replied hey in a soft voice. What's wrong he looked concerned? Nothing I bitterly replied. The last thing I needed was for some new guy to be all in my business. Well it doesn't look like nothing Christian sat in the swing next to me. I’m fine I said back. I got up and began to walk away. Hey Christian said catching up to me. I stopped. If you need to talk here's my number. I looked down at his hand where he was holding a slip of paper with his number. No thanks I replied walking away. I wanted to take it but I just couldn't and plus Dru would kill me and him. I didn't need any more drama in my hands. When I got home there was no surprise that my auntie wasn't there she's never home. I checked the house phone to see if there were any missed calls from Dru but I wasn't shocked when there wasn't. I began thinking about how I was going to tell him the big news, about the baby and all. I paced back and forth. Then the phone rang. I quickly answered happily because it was Dru! Hello I said sounding kind of shaky. Where the fuck you been? Dru shouted through the phone. I been calling you all day he said again. No you haven't I quickly replied. Are you testing my intelligence he asked demandingly? No I rolled my eyes and replied. I'm on my way over there he said hanging up the phone. I cleaned up and prepared myself for him. I always have to look a certain way around him or he gets mad. I put on my pink and white stripe shorts with my pink tank top (this was his favorite pajama outfit). I went to the bathroom and did my hair real quick and then there was a knock on the door. Coming I yelled. I opened the door and to my surprise it was Christian. What I stared at him annoyed. You left this at my house he said waving the folded paper in my face. I quickly snatched it wtf I yelled. Don't worry I didn't read it he said. Well thanks I replied attempting to close the door but he stepped his foot in it. What I said again. I was hoping we could talk he said desperately. I'm kind of busy I replied. I won't take long I promise he assured. I’m listening I said looking at him. Well can I come in he asked. Omg I opened the door for him to step in the hallway. I checked to see if I didn't see Dru anywhere in sight and slightly shut the door. Oh this is nice Christian said looking around. Cut the bulshit was sup I asked looking more annoyed than ever. Ok ok he said laughing as if I cracked a joke of something. I stood there with my hands on my hips waiting. Well I wanted to ask you about the other night Christian said biting his lip like he was nervous or something. What about it I snapped back. Look I saw you and Dru arguing and I saw what he did to you... And! I said interrupting him. You don't have to take that Christian said back. Listen what me and Dru do is our business I would really appreciate it if you stay out of it I yelled. He looked and said nothing and walked towards the door. As soon I opened the door there stood Dru looking angrier than ever I ever seen him before.

No comments:

Post a Comment